The American Baseball Coaches Association announced Turn Two for Youth as the official charitable organization of the ABCA, as voted by the ABCA Board of Directors, in Fall 2016. Turn Two for Youth is a non-profit organization seeking to deliver new and used baseball equipment to underprivileged children in poverty-stricken areas.
Three Ways to Get Involved with Turn 2 For Youth:
There are several easy ways to get your program involved in Turn 2 For Youth's initiative to facilitate the enjoyment and expansion globally of youth baseball!
Turn Two for Youth has partnerships with several youth baseball organizations across the nation including Triple Crown Sports, Top Gun Sports, American Legion and most recently Miracle League, which Turn Two for Youth will supply gear to leagues and families. Additionally, Turn Two for Youth has worked with Major League Baseball to lift poverty communities in the Dominican Republic.
1) Donate Gear:
1. Collect new or used baseball equipment from your team, parents, fans, etc.
2. Box up all gear.
3. Email Turn Two for Youth Executive Director Vince Chelena at email@example.com.
**Turn Two for Youth will provide a UPS shipping number and warehouse address to put on the box**
4. Drop off donation to nearest UPS store.
Baseball equipment collected by Turn Two For Youth is cleaned, refurbished and stored until a complete container of gear can be shipped to a pre-qualified area. Turn Two for Youth carefully selects creditable volunteer organizations on the receiving end to ensure the equipment is delivered and distributed as intended. Since its inception, Turn Two for Youth has outfitted thousands of kids with gloves, bats, cleats, catchers equipment, jerseys and more just to get them involved in the game.
2) Recommend a League or Team to Receive Gear:
1. Visit www.Turn2ForYouth.com.
2. Click on the “Contact” tab.
3. Fill out your contact information along with the subject: “League/Team Recommendation – ABCA”.
4. In the message, please reference the league or team you would like see receive a donation.
Please include as much information regarding the league or team as possible.
Turn Two for Youth is always looking for underpriviledged leagues and teams that could use their equipment. Currently, Turn Two for Youth has partnerships with several youth baseball organizations across the nation including Triple Crown Sports, Top Gun Sports, American Legion and Miracle League, however if you know of a team or league in your community that could use gear, simply let Turn Two for Youth know!
3) Donate Cash or Check Contributions:
1. Visit www.Turn2ForYouth.com.
2. Click on the “Give” tab.
3. Donate online or mail contributions to the address listed on the page.
Monetary donations to Turn Two for Youth are used to help facilitate getting gear in the hands of youth across the globe. All monetary donations go directly towards Turn Two for Youth programming including the refurbishing of gear as well as shipping and distribution of the gear.
Tips for Collecting Donations:
Host a Game or Series to Benefit Turn 2 For Youth:
- Accept monetary & gear donations at the gate & concession stand.
- Donate funds from ticket sales, concession stand, raffle, ads, etc. to Turn 2 For Youth.
- Discounted tickets to fans that bring new/used gear to donate.
- Set up donation bins in the stadium.
Start a Pledge Program:
- Players recruit family, friends, neighbors, etc. to pledge a certain amount for each home run, strikeout, win, stolen base, etc. throughout the season or for specific games or innings.
Involve Your School & Community:
- Collaborate with other teams, clubs, fraternities, sororities, etc.
- Partner with local restaurants for a portion of sales to benefit Turn 2 For Youth.
- Host a raffle with proceeds going to Turn 2 For Youth.
- Run a car wash to raise money.
- Set up an online donation page
- Post a story and promote bringing gear donations on school/team website.
- Utilize social media - and be sure to tag @ABCA1945 & @Turn2ForYouth on Twitter!
- Send photos of your collections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate after the season:
- Collect gear at the end of your season to send to Turn 2 For Youth.
- Turn 2 For Youth Official Website
- ABCA/Turn 2 For Youth 2017 Convention Video
- ABCA announcement on Turn 2 For Youth as Official Charity
- Turn 2 For Youth Donation Tips
- Download Turn 2 For Youth Logo
- Download ABCA Logo
Questions? Contact Turn Two for Youth Executive Director, Vince Chelena, at email@example.com and mention ABCA.