The American Baseball Coaches Association and Pocket Radar have partnered to provide five ABCA member coaches free access to Pocket Radar's Smart Coach Radar and Smart Display technology!
The scholarship is open to all ABCA members. ABCA member coaches can apply for the scholarship between Monday, November 1 and Wednesday, December 15 using the form below. One recipient will be selected from the applicants each Wednesday beginning November 10 and running through December 8. Coaches only need to fill out the form once to be entered into all of the weekly drawings. Weekly recipients will be announced in the ABCA Press Box e-newsletter.
Each of the five recipients will receive a bundle package of the Pocket Radar Smart Coach Radar and Smart Display Accessory. The bundle can be paired via USB for a full three-digit display visible up to 100 feet in bright sunlight with a wide-viewing angle. The Smart Coach Radar allows coaches to accurately measure both exit velocities and pitch speeds with the option to pair with the Pocket Radar app to have the speeds announced via speaker. The bundle is lightweight and ultra-portable for indoor or on-the-field use.
Pocket Radar's technology is currently being utilized for player development and scouting at the highest levels of the game including both teams in the 2021 World Series, as well as National Championship winning programs around the country. Their Smart Coach Radar provides free access to their ever-evolving software companion app and when paired with the Smart Display provides immediate feedback to players while training in bullpens or inside the cages. Because of its accuracy and potability, this package is a game-changer when working on developing players in practice and its portability allows you to move around from station to station with ease.
Pocket Radar Scholarship Package:
- Smart Coach Radar ($399 value)
- Smart Display Accessory ($499 value)
- November 10: Sy Jones, Coffee High School (GA)
- November 17: Brad Landgrebe, Hopkins High School (MN)
- November 24: Ruben Torres, Garfield High School (CA)
- December 1: Alan Betourne, Monmouth College (IL)
- December 8: Michael Wraa, Barrel Up Baseball (CA)
- Must be a current ABCA member. Membership registration is open online at ABCA.org/apply or by phone at (336) 821-3140.
- Recipients will be randomly selected on November 10, November 17, November 24, December 1 and December 8. Each week's recipient will be announced in the ABCA Press Box e-newsletter, which is sent to current ABCA members every Wednesday!
- ABCA staff will contact recipients after each announcement is made public.
About Pocket Radar
- Applications only need to be submitted once. All submissions not selected will rollover to the following week's drawing.
- All ABCA members located in the U.S. can take advantage of the Pocket Radar free shipping discount offered as part of the ABCA Membership Discount Program. The full Pocket Radar product line is available at www.pocketradar.com.
- Any coaches in attendance at the ABCA Convention are highly encouraged to stop by the Pocket Radar booth (Booth #1225) in the ABCA Trade Show. Pocket Radar will also have a product demonstration on the Expo Theater stage.
Pocket Radar® Inc. creates trusted, high value simple solutions using superior technology to enable people to rapidly achieve their goals by delivering meaningful metrics and actionable insights. It is one of the premier trusted brands amongst championship-winning high school and collegiate programs nationwide. Their technology has been independently tested and certified accurate by the official test lab for the International Association of Chiefs of Police, (IACP). The same laboratory that certifies all of the radar guns for use by law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and Canada. By providing an affordable and convenient solution to pro-performance radar technology, Pocket Radar has forged a new standard in accurate speed-based training, making it accessible to the masses. More information is available at www.pocketradar.com